Help with 3825 and 3560 setup

VTP, Portfast, Spanning Tree and all the other switch related stuff.

Help with 3825 and 3560 setup

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:23 am

Hi proz,       I need help configuring my 3825 router and 3560 switch for voip setup.1)Basic configuration(as these are out of box).Any config docs or step by step guidance would be great.2)Enable dhcp on both the devices.3)Auto qos need to be enabled for all the vlans.Ip address DATA - 105.152.40.0/23VOICE - 105.152.240.0/24needs to be assigned.your help or post would be of great help.Thanks in advance.  

Re:Help with 3825 and 3560 setup

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:45 am

Hi there,Are you going to be using a Cisco CallManager) server, or will you be using CallManager Express (CCME), or are you going to be connecting your 3825 to a PBX and using the router as an analog voice gateway?Anyway, here's a basic router config (no DHCP, no voice interfaces (not sure what you have)):version 12.4service timestamps debug datetime msec localtimeservice timestamps log datetime msec localtimeservice password-encryption!hostname <your hostname here>!boot-start-markerboot-end-marker!logging buffered 8192 informationalenable secret <your enable password here>!no aaa new-model!ip cef!no ip domain lookup!archive log config  hidekeys!class-map match-any BULK description Bandwidth Intensive Interactive Data Applications match ip dscp af32 match ip dscp af33 class-map match-any SIGNALLING description VOIP Signalling match ip dscp cs3 class-map match-any REAL-TIME description REAL-TIME Traffic match ip dscp ef class-map match-any INTERACTIVE description Interactive Data Applications match ip dscp af21 match ip dscp af22 match ip dscp af23 class-map match-any VIDEO description Video Conference match ip dscp af41 match ip dscp af42 match ip dscp af43 !policy-map QOS-OUT class REAL-TIME  priority percent 30 class VIDEO  bandwidth percent 15 class BULK  bandwidth percent 15 class INTERACTIVE  bandwidth percent 10 class SIGNALLING  bandwidth percent 5 class class-default  fair-queue  random-detect!interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description Connection to your switch port FastEthernet0/1 no ip address ip route-cache flow load-interval 30 duplex full speed 100 media-type rj45 service-policy output QOS-OUT!interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10 description DATA encapsulation dot1Q 10 native ip address 105.152.41.254 255.255.254.0!interface GigabitEthernet0/0.20 description VOICE encapsulation dot1Q 20 ip address 105.152.240.254 255.255.255.0 h323-gateway voip interface h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 105.152.240.254!interface GigabitEthernet0/1 no ip address shutdown!no ip http serverno ip http secure-server!line con 0 password <your telnet password here> stopbits 1line aux 0 password <your telnet password here> transport input telnet stopbits 1line vty 0 4 password <your telnet password here> transport input telnetline vty 5 15 password <your telnet password here> transport input telnet!endWith the DHCP configuration, that should be enough to get your phones on one VLAN and your PCs on another, plus set the router up as an H323 gateway.  I haven't included any voice hardware configuration (voice port) or dial-peers to the router as I don't know what WICs you're going to use (FXO, FXS, T1/E1, E&M, etc) or if you're using CallManager, CallManager Express, or just gateway-to-gateway.Hope this is of some help anywayKind regards,Graeme

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:26 am

And here's the config for the switch:version 12.2no service padservice timestamps debug datetime msec localtimeservice timestamps log datetime msec localtimeservice password-encryption!hostname <Your hostname here>!enable secret <Your enable password here>!no aaa new-model!system mtu routing 1500vtp domain NON-VTPvtp mode transparentudld enableip subnet-zerono ip source-routeno ip domain-lookup!!no file verify autospanning-tree mode pvstspanning-tree extend system-id!vlan internal allocation policy ascending!vlan 10 name DATA!vlan 20 name VOICE!interface FastEthernet0/1 description Connection to your 3825 port G0/0 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 10 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,10,20 switchport mode trunk priority-queue out auto qos voip trust mls qos trust dscp!interface range FastEthernet0/2 - 24 switchport access vlan 10 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 20 no logging event link-status no snmp trap link-status priority-queue out auto qos voip cisco-phone spanning-tree portfast!interface GigabitEthernet0/1 !interface GigabitEthernet0/2!mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56!interface Vlan1 no ip address!interface Vlan10 description DATA ip address 105.152.41.240 255.255.254.0!ip default-gateway 105.152.41.254ip classlessno ip http server!control-plane!line con 0 exec-timeout 15 0 password <your console password here>line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 15 0 password <your telnet password here> length 0line vty 5 15 exec-timeout 15 0 password <your telnet password here> length 0!end

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:02 am

Need trunking established from router to switch and qos enabled on switch for voice and all ports configured on swith for phones. I have only to setup router and switch setup,i dont have to worry about T1 and dial peers(voice components). I need to create a management IP on the switch to enable telnet to it for management.Default route on router will be 105.152.41.254 ( which is the ip address of wan router).Enable dhcp on both networks such that i can test my configuration with a pc and ip phone.And finally,i need to setup router in such a way that it is password protected from telnet and console.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:22 am

Hi there,I set up trunking - your Gigabit 0/0 interface on the 3825 config is divided into Subinterfaces G0/0.10 and 0/0.20.  Note the "encapsulation dot1q" command on the router.If you also look at F0/1 on the 3560 config, that has been configured to do 802.1Q trunking between the switch and the router.  Configure your switch and router and connect G0/0 on the router to F0/1 on the switch and they will establish a 802.1Q trunk with VLAN 10 being native.The VLAN 10 interface on the switch has been configured with a management IP address (there's no problem having a management IP address from the data VLAN; all our switches have this).You would probably be better off with an actual server running your DHCP service, and using DHCP relay from the subinterfaces of the router, but I can get you a DHCP scope config tomorrow if you like.AutoQoS is enabled on all the switchports and I've given you some QoS config for the router (need more info to be able to do any better, unfortunately).On the lines that say "<your telnet password here>" just replace that with a password of your choice before pasting the config on to the router/switch.