Latest CCNA

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCVP and CCIE

Re:Latest CCNA

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

If you want to design networks, then CCDx is definitely the way to go.  The CCDA does not renew the CCNA.  Any of the 3 tests for CCDP will.  If looking what will give you a job the easiest, voice is really hot now.

Alt+MAlt+N

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 pm

So all I have to pass is one stream from a CCDP course and it's renewed for 3 years eh? What sort of length compared to a CCNA module would we be looking at, 2 modules? (I have to try and best plan around my university studies)Cheers for the assistence mate :)

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Yes. However you have to remember this:  You can pass all the required test for the CCDP track, but you will not get the certification until you  receive the CCDA first - CCDA is a prerequisite for the CCDP.  So if you passed all the tests for CCDP and then took the exam for the CCDA, you would actually get both a CCDA and CCDP at the same time. The first 2 test for the CCDP are BSCI (642-901) and BCMSN (642-812).  It just so happens that these tests are also the first 2 of the CCNP track.  Passing either one of those will renew your CCNA. Also if you passed both BSCI and BCMSN you have 2 options at that point:1.  Take the remaining two exams for the CCNP track, ISCW and ONT exams.  That will give you a CCNP2.  Take the CCDA (640-863) test to give you your CCDA.  Then all you would need to do is take the ARCH (642-873) exam and that will give you a CCDP.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:46 pm

So perhaps in the short term (in order to extend my CCNA) I should do a 642-901 "Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks" to leave all my avenues open?

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:48 pm

From what you told me your interested it, that is what I would do if I were in your shoes. If you have the BSCI and BSMSN passed by the time you get a job, it can dictate what path you should choose.  If you get a job working with designing networks more, CCDP would be the path to go for.  If your configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching more, then CCNP would be more beneficial.