How much of L2/L3 is already configured in the actual lab?

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCVP and CCIE

How much of L2/L3 is already configured in the actual lab?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

I dont believe that this is a violation of the NDA...I am using IPExpert workbooks and study guides to help hone my skills for the actual lab.Lab 1 Proctor Guide indicates that "All Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing and switching should be pre-configured but the candidate should be aware of how to troubleshoot."My questions are:  Does this only pertain to the IPexpert rack rental equipment or does this also pertain to the equipment in the actual lab?  Is L2/L3 already established in the actual lab (albeit with possible mistakes, critical config information missing,etc)I want to practice as realistically as possible.  If I need to build the L2/L3 infrastructure in the actual lab, then I want to practice doing it.  But if I dont, then I will build it once and then then TFTP off my configs to reset my lab to a baseline after each iterationJeff

Re:How much of L2/L3 is already configured in the actual lab?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Actually, I would think revealing anything about the configuration in the lab would be an NDA violation.  That said, I would just be prepared to do any configuration necessary, including layer 2 and and layer 3.  I went in with the mindset that I may have to stick an IP on every device, configure every VLAN, etc.

Re:How much of L2/L3 is already configured in the actual lab?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Jeff (and James)I assume that information provided by a lab proctor in a discussion in the NetPro forum would not be a violation of NDA. So here is a quote that addresses your question:When you start the exam your routers and switches will have an initial configuration such IP addresses, hostnames, passwords. Depending of the exam you may have more pre-configuration. The 'General Guidelines' of the exam will state what you can change and what not can be changed. here is a link that gets you to that Ask The Expert which discussion CCIE R&S:http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/N ... /63HTHRick