LMS 2.6 Unable to start the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager

MIBS, SMMPv1, SMMPv2, SMMPv3 and management

Re:LMS 2.6 Unable to start the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:57 am

Hi Olivier,i have all my installation running on D: without any problem.Seems we had the same ideas.;-)Best regards,Frank

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:24 am

I have done this :One of the reasons this can happen is if there was a change made for the casuser account on the box. This is the internal user account Ciscoworks uses for all its internal processes. There is no way to check if the causer password has been changed. However, we can always reset it. Do the following to reset the casuser account. - From the Server-CLI (command line) , cd to CSCOpxsetupsupport - try to run, resetCasuser.exe - restart your server, net start crmdmgtd - or try rebooting the box and it's working.I have installed the application on the D: do you think it is a problem ?many thanksOlivier

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:39 am

this alone should not be a problem;some problems where seen on Windows when TMP and TEMP points to long filenames;as well there should no other software on the server use the same ports LMS do...here is a list of the ports:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ ... #wp1027676