Syslog Automated Action not run

MIBS, SMMPv1, SMMPv2, SMMPv3 and management

Syslog Automated Action not run

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi to all!My router forward the syslog onto syslog_info of LMS2.6 in solaris 8.I created a syslog automated action rules with all boxes signed to "*".I create an automatic action script who write in a file some text.Why the message not written?Syslog_info is full of messages like SYS, LINK, etc, and I put "*" into the messages type.there is some syslog collector that I've to run or anything else?Thanks

Re:Syslog Automated Action not run

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Are the messages showing in the Syslog Standard Reports in RME?

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:30 pm

I will check...

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi davistan..I didn't find any report in RME Syslog Standard Report.but syslog_info it's full!!What happened?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:46 am

Hi You need to check the following:Are the devices sending syslog messages to the server managed devices in RME?If so, try the following:Go to the device and enter conf t and then exitThis should generate a config change messageCheck to make sure it hits the syslog_infoWhen it does, wait a few minutes and then go to RME and run a report for that device to see if the message is there.You may also want to turn on Syslog debugs in under RME - Admin - System Preferences - Loglevel Settings before doing the above