Cisco 1712

VTP, Portfast, Spanning Tree and all the other switch related stuff.

Re:Cisco 1712

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm

After reading the instructions you provided how to reset passwords, I decided to give SDM a last try and reset the enable password from there again.I altered the enable password as well as the password of my SDM user account. Now I'm able to "enable" again, the password is accepted :-)However I have no idea what caused this: I used the online tool you provided to me in your previous mail to decrypt the existing passwords. They were stored exactly as I typed them.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Hey,Thats a bit odd. Maybe typed Passwords wrong, or whatever, but at least you sorted it. Thanks for letting me know how you did it, very clever :)ThanksStephen

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm

> Thanks for letting me know how you did it, very clever :) Not necessarily clever, but in the hope you had an idea why this happened ;-) I can really exclude typos, since I tried it surely a dozen times (no shift lock key pressed, too ;-)Anyway, it works and I'm happy. When similar occurs again in the future, I know that simply replacing the password in SDM does the trick.For being sure, I altered the passwords completely, since I tried to decode them all in the Java decoder on that website you provided to me (not sure how trusty this is).Again, thank you for your help.