Dual RG6 Coaxial Cables for Cisco Aironet 1310

Configuring Wireless Cisco Networks and Wireless Controllers.

Dual RG6 Coaxial Cables for Cisco Aironet 1310

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:10 am

Hi All,I would like to discuss if someone has experience using RG6 cables with "F" connectors (instead of Cisco cables) for the connection of the Aironet 1310 with its Power Injector. I mean, if the Cisco dual RG6 cables have something particular, compared to standard RG6 cables with "F" connectors.Thanks in advance for any comment.Regards,Igor Sotelo.

Re:Dual RG6 Coaxial Cables for Cisco Aironet 1310

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 am

Nothing special, other than it's a reasonably high grade of cabling. Any replacement that you use should have the same loss per foot/meter (or better), and be capable of carrying the power (some inner dielectric may not be as thermally stable).If you intend to go a longer distance, keep in mind that the power will dissipate at some distance to the point where the AP may come up, but get flaky under load due to the inability of the cable to pass enough power for the higher processing load.Good LuckScott

Sandra06
Hello I'm new here

Re: Dual RG6 Coaxial Cables for Cisco Aironet 1310

Post by Sandra06 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Coaxial cable also has another advantage over its dedication to digital audio. In the way that the signal transmission is usually done, the digital signal source, a DVD, for example, is sent to a digital to analog converter The signal is converted to analog and sent through the cable as it reaches the receiving component on the other side. This component uses an analog to digital converter to reconstruct the digital signal to the greatest extent possible. During this process, errors and variations can be introduced to the signal resulting from noise artifacts and distortions that diminish the quality of home theater sound.

crimping tool