Point to Point IPSec VPN with Split Tunnel

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.
bhawkins4194
Hello I'm new here

Point to Point IPSec VPN with Split Tunnel

Post by bhawkins4194 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 pm

I am looking to see if its possible and if so any samples of doing a Split Tunnel.

Here is the background. I will soon be working from home as I am relocating, we are looking at setting up a point to point vpn between an ASA and my 3725 IOS router. We would like to do this instead of the Client as then I can VPN to other customers without needing to disconnect from my work VPN. I am in the process of setting up some VLans as I am wanting to keep my Work VPN network seperate from my Voice Network and My Home Computer Network. I am wanting to know if there is the possibility to configure the point to point vpn to allow web traffic down my DSL line and not back to my companies data center.

My other question is does the VPN require me to use the same IP range that is currently used by my companies network, IE all computers are assigned in the 192.168.47.0 255.255.255.0 network.

Thanks for any help

allysaa
Hello I'm new here

Re: Point to Point IPSec VPN with Split Tunnel

Post by allysaa » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:31 am

I'm at home. Why can I not print to my home network printer when connected to my company's VPN? My HP printer is connected via ethernet to my router at home and each computer acts as its own print server in order to print to it. However, when I'm working from home (connected to my company's VPN), I am unable to print to my home printer. An error comes up saying I need to disconnect the VPN in order to print.

Ayelen
Hello I'm new here

Post by Ayelen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:47 am

Use a good vpn service which can fulfill your needs. There is a vpn review site where is a list of some best vpn providers. The sevices of those vpn providers are very good and those are totally safe. You can use any one form the list. I think it can help you. The list is here: UK VPN

victoria
Hello I'm new here

Post by victoria » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Hmm...the info sound good. i am new to this forum and glad to be a part of this. i hope that i can learn more and share my ideas and thoughts as well.

Wireless network point to point