ASA VPN server and 871 router vpn client

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.

ASA VPN server and 871 router vpn client

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 12:43 am

Hi All, I have ASA 5510 as easy VPN server and 871 router as easy VPN client. I want to have username and password permanent on 871, and not to re-enter username and password since 871 is using dynamic IP address, and everytime I have to "cry ipsec client ezvpn xauth" and type username and password. any suggestion would be very appreciated. thanks Alex

Re:ASA VPN server and 871 router vpn client

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 12:57 am

Do "show crypto ipsec client ezvpn" on 871, does it say:...Save Password: Disallowed...ezVPN server dictates to the client if it can automatically connect with saved password.Configure "password-storage enable" under group-policy on ASA.Regards,Roman

jameshouston135
Hello I'm new here

Re: Re:ASA VPN server and 871 router vpn client

Post by jameshouston135 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 am

Guest wrote:Do "show crypto ipsec client ezvpn" on 871, does it say:...Save Password: Disallowed...ezVPN server dictates to the client if it can automatically connect with saved password.Configure "password-storage enable" under group-policy on ASA.Regards,Roman
Nice answer, However as per my knowledge the remote 871 does not know about or how to route a 172.30.4.x IP and is sending it through the default gateway rather then through the VPN. :ugeek: